Specialist provider of Buy-to-Let cover, Total Landlord Insurance, is pleased to announce that they will be sponsoring the inaugural UK Landlord Accreditation Partnership (UK LAP) awards.
The event which takes place on Thursday March 1st 2012, will celebrate the professionalism of London’s landlords and agents.
Eleven awards will be given to those landlords, agents and partners who have excelled in their service to the private rented sector.
Steve Barnes, Broking Manager, for Total Landlord Insurance, said: “We fully support initiatives that improve standards in the private rented sector, and as such wholeheartedly endorse everything that the UK Landlord Accreditation Partnership stands for. The UK LAP is not only there to recognise good landlords but also offers support and training to new landlords to ensure that they can build a successful and well run business, and give all of its members access to the latest legislation. We are delighted to be a sponsor of such a prestigious event and wish all the nominees the best of luck on the night.”
Two new accreditation programmes will also be launched at the event.
• The Green Landlords’ Accreditation Scheme which will train landlords to be more energy and water usage conscious for the sustainability of their businesses, and to the benefit of their tenants and the environment.
• The Tenant Accreditation Scheme will also be launched which will advise tenants on how to be responsible residents. The benefits of gaining accreditation will make tenants more knowledgeable as to their rights and responsibilities, and, they will be more desirable to landlords as they will have shown their commitment to being ideal tenants.
Dave Princep, chair of both the London Landlord Accreditation Scheme and the UK Landlord Accreditation Partnership, said: “We are seeking nominations from the capital’s best accredited landlords and agents. The time is right to award professional landlords and agents and to encourage others to follow their excellent examples. The launch of the two new accreditation schemes, in addition to the range of Continuous Professional Development courses that UK LAP offers, shows that the UK Landlords Accreditation Partnership is committed to supporting and training private landlords with the many and varied skills required from legal obligations to general duties as a landlord. By supporting landlords the UK LAP enables them to provide good quality housing for their tenants with minimum intervention from the authorities.”
The Future of Housing in the Private Rented Sector will be hosted at
The Thistle Hotel, Edinburgh Suite, Bryanston Street, London W1H 7EH. For more information go to www.llas-conference.org.uk.
For more information on Total Landlord Insurance and our products visit totallandlordinsurance.co.uk or call 0800 63 43 880.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)