New research by LloydsTSB group has revealed over 200 roads in the UK with properties valued over £1 Million (GBP)
High value properties can be found in almost every region in England and locally they are most often known as Millionaire’s rows.
However, despite the UK still in the process of recovering from a double dip recession, there are over 200 roads in Britain where properties command £1 Million+ (GBP) asking prices.
The country’s most expensive streets are within the London boroughs of Kensington and Chelsea and Egerton Crescent in Knightsbridge, London, is the most expensive street of all, with properties having an average value of £8,136,000 (GBP).
Classical architecture and the proximity to fashionable shops attract some of the wealthiest residents, including royalty, bankers, celebrities and foreign diplomats.
Other expensive streets in the Royal Borough include
- Campden Hill Square with an average property price of £4,863,000 (GBP)
- Blenheim Crescent at £4,728,000 (GBP)
- Lansdowne Road at £4,693,000 (GBP)
- Drayton Gardens at £4,428,000 (GBP)
- Eaton Square in Westminster averages £4,391,000 (GBP)
- Parkside, in South-West London, is the nation’s second most valuable address with an average house price of £5,161,000 (GBP).
Outside of London, the most expensive roads include:
- Woodlands Road West, Virginia Water, Surrey, properties average £3,201,000 (GBP)
- Leys Road, Leatherhead, Surrey, average property values stand at £3,018,000 (GBP)
- The Ridgeway, Radlett, Herts, property value average £2,368,000 (GBP)
- Brudenell Avenue, Canford Cliffs, Dorset, property values average £1,975,000 (GBP)
- Sedley Taylor Road, Cambridge, has an average property price of £1,147,000 (GBP).
- Park Lane, Trafford has property values averaging £2,109,000 (GBP)
- Withinlee Road in Macclesfield property values average at £1,649,000 (GBP)
- Graham Park Road, Newcastle, average property price of £1,124,000 (GBP)
- Rutland Drive, Harrogate, Yorkshire average property values £1,109,000 (GBP)
Only the East Midlands does not have a street where average property prices exceed £1 Million (GBP), but property values along Valley Road, West Bridgford, Nottingham are already averaging £811,000 (GBP).
The most expensive street in Wales is Druidstone Road, Cardiff, with an average property price of £682,000 (GBP).
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)