If you are considering becoming a Buy-To-Let landlord you should calculate the costs involved and do plenty of research before taking any financial risk.
This is according to Sim Sekhon, spokesman for specialist landlord services provider, Legal 4 Landlords, who explained that many new landlords rush in without calculating mortgage repayments or repairs and maintenance to rental property. He said “There are an increasing number of property investors who have been forced to adapt their strategies due to the instability of the UK property market, and they have ended up as reluctant landlords, when they are unable to flip properties. They end up either self managing the property or handing to a letting agent to deal with, often forgetting to calculate running costs. Landlords need to remember that as far as rented property is concerned, profit without Rent Guarantee insurance is a long-term investment, and property maintenance and repairs will be a cash drain.”
Landlords must treat their rental properties as a business and calculate all of the necessary financial requirements of running it before purchasing an investment property, and investors should plan to reap the benefits both in the short and long term.
Mr Sekhon added: “Landlords can increase rental yields and reduce void periods by Tenant Referencing all applicants and using rent Guarantee insurance for all of their tenants. We have developed a range of specialist products and services for landlords and letting agents to get the most from UK Buy-To-Let whilst providing long term reassurance for tenants.”
The full range of all products and services offered by Legal 4 Landlords can be found here
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)