As previously reported on “Spotlight”, the UK rental market has already seen an increase in the number of foreign investors looking to get involved in the buy-to-let sector. Read the article here
This phenomenon was recently commented on by successful property investor, mentor and professional speaker Dr Rohan Weerasinghe who regularly speaks at UK Property Networking Events. He explained that overseas property investors are keen to secure properties that can produce “a positive monthly cash flow”, and the UK certainly has a healthy rental market.
Dr Weerasighe claimed that the overseas investor focus is “less on capital growth” as investors are aware that the UK has not yet moved on from the effects of the recession. As a result most investors are more interested in acquiring an income from renting properties, as a way of providing “long-term security”.
Many investors are keen to purchase run-down properties with a view to renovating them and selling them back to the market to create cash profit which can then be used to buy further rental investments. This pattern is particularly popular with Italian and German property investors and can be a very lucrative method of producing a positive monthly cash flow.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)